Accessory kit to position the VP 710D2 MultiStirrus for stirring in a container at a distance, such as in a syringe on a syringe pump. Some syringe pumps have a steel or stainless steel enclosure to which the magnetic VP 710D2 is attracted. This interferes with the magnetic stirring in the syringe. Therefore, positioning the VP 710D2 above the syringes allows for more effective stirring by keeping the Magnetic Stirrer away from the pump.
We recommend using one of V&P Scientific’s disc-shaped Magnetic Stir Elements for stirring in a syringe:
- PTFE-Encalpsulated Neodymium Discs VP 772DP-N42-5-2, VP 772DP-N42-8-2, VP 772DP-N42-24-3
- PEEK-Encapsulated Neodymium Discs VP 772DK-N42-5-2, VP 772DK-N42-8-2
- PTFE-Encapsulated Samarium Cobalt Discs VP 779-5, VP 779-13
- PTFE Sanwich Style Discs VP 772FN-5-5, VP 772FN-5-5A, VP 772FN-8-8, VP 772FN-13-13 and VP 772FN-24-24
- Parylene-Encapsulated Samarium Cobalt & Neodymium Discs VP 782S series and VP 782N series
The VP 710D2-4 accessory kit is composed of several parts:
- VP 710D2-4B aluminum arm that attaches to VP 710D2 with screws
- VP 710D2-4C Lab Support Stand and Clamp
- VP 710D2-4A plastic syringe holder for KD Scientific Pump (Legato210) to replace the magnetic metal one that is supplied with the pump
- Please let us know if you pump has a magnetic metal syringe holder or clamp and we can make a plastic on for you.