BUBBLE PADDLE RESERVOIR, Magnetic Clutch Powered, 48 Channel, Delrin Reservoir, Sculpted Bottom, with 3 Bubble Paddles, Parylene Coated, 9 Bubbles/Paddle, Mates to VP 765B-48, Mixes 10mL, SLAS Footprint, Note: Does not have inlet, outlet/ overflow weir
Particulate Magnetic Clutch Suspension Systems in Reservoirs – Many Choices
V&P has developed over 30 different reservoir suspension systems for pipetting uniformly suspended beads, cells, particles, and resins into microplates of nearly every description. We have refined, perfected, and consolidated that list down to the best 26. These reservoir suspension systems are powered by motors spinning magnetic clutches and connecting through the reservoir wall to a corresponding magnetic clutch attached to one or more of our Bubble Paddles. This magnetic clutch system eliminates the need for a sealed bearing connecting the motor to the Bubble Paddle. The Magnetic clutch system works for all particulates except magnetic beads as the magnetic beads are attracted to the magnets in the clutches.
Uniformity of Suspension and Small Dead Volumes are Important
Keeping assay beads, SPA beads, glass beads, resins other particulates, and cells in homogeneous suspension while they are being pipetted to microplate wells is very important if reproducible results are to be obtained. It is also important to do this with the smallest dead volume possible when the reagents are very expensive.
The unique V&P Scientific Bubble Paddle Reservoir suspension systems (US Patent #6,461,034 & European Union Patent #1,314,471) provide a very simple and inexpensive way of accomplishing this goal. Whether you are using a 4, 8, 16, 24, 96, or 384 pipetting head, there is a magnetic clutch suspension reservoir with bubble spacing that allows a pipet tip to be inserted in the gap between bubbles. The unique contours machined into the reservoir coupled with the contours of the Bubble Paddle design results in a very vigorous upwelling current resulting in a homogeneous suspension of the particulate contents in the reservoir. The unique feature of the Bubble Paddle Reservoirs is their exclusive design that eliminates “fall out zones” where particulates fall out of solution that is so prevalent with other mixing reservoirs. Also if dead volume is not an issue in your assay you can use our economical VP 756C-1PTFE suspension reservoir powered by a VP 761-3 Magnetic Clutch Drive Motor in conjunction with a 4, 8, or 16 pipet head for a low-cost reservoir suspension system.
Match the Particulate and Application to the Appropriate Suspension Reservoir System
There are many characteristics of your material that will affect where and how they are suspended:
- The size of the material – is it larger than the paddle/reservoir contour gap
- The density of the material
- The fragility of the material
- The speed at which it can be stirred without breakage
- The temperature sensitivity of the material
- The light sensitivity of the material
- Does the reservoir need to be continuously fed
All of the above features are very important, and we have dealt with all of them over the course of the last 16 years that is why we say “choose your suspension system wisely before you launch a new assay protocol”. With our large selection of Suspension Reservoirs Systems, we can help you make the best decision for your application. We are happy to share our knowledge with you. We may be able to suggest a specific product for your application. If economy and uniformity of suspension are important to you, we have solutions for you.
Advantages of V&P Scientific’s Magnetic Clutch Suspension Reservoir Systems
- V&P’s patented contours in the bottom of the reservoir which match the contours of the Bubble Paddles produce a vigorous upwelling current in the reservoirs to keep particulates in uniform suspension
- The Bubble Paddles are contoured so pipet tips will fit in the gaps between the bubbles and not interfere with spinning bubble paddles
- V&P’s patented contours in the bottom design also eliminate “fall out zones” where particulates settle out in other mixing reservoirs
- Small footprint on Robot Deck, because it doesn’t require a large Tumble Stirrer to power the Bubble Paddles
- Designed to fit on robot deck features to facilitate precise x and y matching to the robot pipetting system
- Designed to be taken off the robot deck and replaced in the exact same position
- Greatest variety of Suspension Reservoirs Systems for 1, 4, 8, 12, 16, 24, 96, and 384 pipettors
- Multiple versions of Suspension Reservoirs Systems for different volumes and applications
- Available in chemical-resistant materials (PTFE, Delrin, Polypropylene)
- Available in light blocking materials (Black Delrin)
- Available in autoclavable or chemically sterilizable materials
- Available in versions for heating or chilling the contents of the reservoir
- Low dead volume designs to conserve expensive reagents
- Capable of continuous refilling for long run times
- Custom Suspension Reservoir Systems, not a problem
- Flexibility is our specialty